Whether you’re a small business owner or a large company looking to expand your customer base, there’s always room for improvement when it comes to using effective marketing strategies.
A successful marketing approach can be tackled several different ways. Let’s look at a few of the top trends you may be missing out on:
- Relationship Marketing – Focus on your current customers and retaining their loyalty. This leads to word of mouth advertising, which is free marketing. Customers like when businesses take the time to keep the home fires burning. It’s important not to forget those that have been with you since the beginning, or who have stuck with you when times were tough.
- Diversity Marketing – Change some of your advertising goals to focus on different cultures and demographics. This can help increase your customer base tremendously. No matter where you are in the world, there will always be new clients for you to motivate to buy or use your services.
- CTA or Call to Action Marketing – Utilizing your company’s website and graphics team can make a huge difference in your strategy to gain and keep customers. Using videos, interactive graphics and eye catching buttons to drive customers to various areas of your business is a creative pool to dive into!
You might feel that your current approach to marketing is tried and true, and working great for you. However, you might want to take a look at tweaking your ideas just a bit.
Enhance Your Current Marketing Plan
Small Business Trends has several ideas for you to up your game with effective marketing strategies.
- Focus on local website traffic
- Update your blog if you have one and make it more visually appealing.
- Don’t have a blog? Start one!
- Small business owner? Attend a conference this year. Here’s a list for 2017.
- Keep the content on your website or literature short and to the point. Highlight what’s important while keeping things simple.
Whether you’ve decided to stay small or go big, have been around for years or just starting out, you’ll need to decide how to create your marketing plan. Review your plan periodically, to keep it fresh and relevant.
Keep Your Marketing Game Fresh
- Review your marketing goals. Return to your original goals you set when you first started your business, and re-evaluate where you stand. This habit will help you see if you need to completely change projections or maybe amp them up.
- Re-assess your target audience. Demographics change quite frequently. Have your customers become more aggressive in what they need? Are they more conservative these days? Knowing your customer base and watching how it changes can be very helpful.
- Investigate and adjust your initial target audience. When you started your business, you were all about cold calling and obtaining new clients. Now you need to focus on targeting those clients who have previously been exposed to your advertising but haven’t quite taken the bait.
Successful marketing is what your business depends on. You need a strong blend of healthy development ideas to keep up with the demands of running a successful company. That can include everything from viral marketing, visually stimulating advertisements and old school door-to-door sales, as well as attending special events and participating in trade shows.
If you begin to implement a few of these effective marketing strategies, your company can be on the right path to healthy growth in no time.