7 Reasons Why Your Start-Up Needs A Website
Establishing a start-up company in the Northwest Arkansas area is no easy task. Most start-ups end up failing because the challenge – and the competition – is just too great. It’s why you need to do everything that you can in order to get a leg up. For example, every business should have a website and this is especially true for your start-up. The following are 7 reasons why a website is absolutely vital to not only the success of your start-up, but to its survival:
- Everyone else has a website – All of the businesses in your area that you are competing with, whether directly or indirectly, have websites. Not having a website puts you at an immediate disadvantage since customers looking for your products and services will without a doubt look for them online if they don’t know where to find them. This means that they’ll end up at one of your competitor’s websites. Not having a website will make it difficult to obtain new customers.
- Customers will look for you online – The Internet has taken the place of the phone book. Customers who know about your existence will look you up online to find out helpful information, such as your phone number or the hours of your company’s physical location. Not having a website can cause you to lose customers.
- You’ll improve your credibility – Customers often look up businesses online in order to judge them. This means that if you do not have a website, then potential customers will be wary about doing business with you. Having a website is important because it establishes credibility. If you don’t have a website, many potential customers will assume that you’re running some sort of scam or that you have no idea what you are doing. This is obviously something you want to avoid as it will hurt your reputation.
- It improves your customer service – In this day and age, having a phone number for your customer service isn’t enough. If customers have questions or want information about your brand, a website will allow them to find this information on their own – especially if you make it easy for them to do so by adding a FAQ page and a forum in which to ask questions.
- Online marketing is cheaper – You can use your website to market your brand. By optimizing your website for SEO (search engine optimization), adding links to respected websites and creating a blog on which you post high quality content, you can improve your website’s search ranking, which will help expose you to more customers, in turn helping to bring in more traffic to your website. Using your website to do all of these things is a much cheaper alternative (and a much more effective one) than splurging on TV ads or newspaper ads.
- You’ll be exposed to more potential customers – TV ads are only going to reach those who are watching at that time – and only in a certain area. You have a practically unlimited audience online, and your website is the platform that you can reach them with.
- You can make more money – In addition to selling products and services through your physical location, you can also sell them on your website by adding an e-commerce page. Not to mention that customers can make a purchase off your website at all hours of the day!
These are 7 reasons why your start-up business absolutely has to have a website. Be sure to contact us at Simplemachine for more information about our SEO and website design services today.