How to Find Success in Website Optimization
We are all aware that a key component of marketing any size business is local search engine optimization success. But what ranking factors matter the most? How can your business dominate local listings and directories? This post will outline five simple tips that you can put into place today that will positively effect your local SEO efforts in the future. Before we dive too deep though, what do we mean by local SEO? According to Business to Community’s blog, local SEO is the process of optimizing your website so that you can gain higher local search rankings. The important thing to note here is that as Google continues to gain a better understanding of what it is we are all searching for on the Internet, they are going to show local results for more non-location specific search terms as well, making local search the leading type.
So how do we do it? Let’s dive in.
1. Make sure the local information on your website is properly optimized. This might seem like a given, but you’d be surprised how many little on-page SEO tricks there are that companies are overlooking. We’ve covered the need for a website here, now its time to make it work for you locally. Make sure your website copy not only highlights your company and its service areas, but also as much about the local community as possible. This will help visitors to your website resonate with you. If possible, it is also beneficial to include your city and state in your title tags, headings, content, alt text on images, and in your URL.
2. Optimize your Listings on Local Websites and Directories. Start with the basics here – Google, Yelp, Facebook, YP, etc. Then do some research on local online listings that are pertinent just to your city and/or state. Important pieces here are to remain consistent. Have boilerplate language that you are using on each, include consistent contact information and links, and fill out all fields in each of these directories. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by how quickly local listings will improve your overall localized SEO!
3. Properly include your NAP information. Your company’s NAP (name, address, phone) information is highly important for SEO purposes and, of course, local SEO. Check out this article regarding how to properly include your NAP throughout your website in the most effective way.
4. Build social media accounts and use them to interact with customers. Social media isn’t just for brand awareness and recognition. These sites help to create a large amount of indirect links back to your site. Using social media to also interact with your clientele will generate a positive sentiment regarding your company and brand within your local community which more often than not leads to referrals and more traffic to your door.
5. Manage online reviews. Staying on top of online reviews, especially any that come in that might be negative in any way, is important for your local SEO and your brand as a whole. These review sites work like (and often with) your local listings in that the more content people are publishing about you, the better your search rank gets.
Local SEO isn’t always an easy thing. For more information or to schedule a consultation with our team, contact us today. We’d love to help ensure your company is found within your local community and that you are truly owning your search engine results.
Want more on SEO and overall website optimization? Check out our post to find out what might be hindering your website performance.